Technology for n-butane production from isobutane ISOMALK-3R
- obtaining the feed for production of ethylene and propylene
the important chemical compounds widely used in consumer goods industry
for production of synthetic products
- eco-friendly technology
no hazardous reagents
- reliability and simplicity of Isomalk-3R technology
significant decrease of n-butane production cost
- purity of produced n-butane > 99 wt. %
Isomalk-3R technology benefits:
- significant decrease of n-butane production cost
- process stability
- up to 20% energy savings
- up to 25% CAPEX savings
- low corrosion of equipment
- no wastes requiring burial or disposal
- no dry gas treatment section
- no need for deep feed treatment to remove sulfur and nitrogen
- no chlorine in the product
- high process reliability
- ecology preservation due to aggressive media absence
SI-3 and SI-5 catalysts for reverse isomerization.
Special features of the catalytic system:
- high activity and selectivity of n-butane reverse isomerization process
- long service life of 8-10 years
- guaranteed operating performances during the whole service life
- high reliability and resistance to process malfunctions
- no chlorine-containing and other aggressive reagents
- HIGH RESISTANCE TO CATALYTIC POISONS
- possibility of catalyst regeneration and activity restoration
N-butane is the main feed for production of ethylene and propylene, the important chemical compounds widely used in the consumer goods industry for production of synthetic products.
It is difficult to overestimate the importance of ethylene and propylene. They are important products of industrial synthesis and used for production of plastics (polyethylene, polypropylene, polystyrene, PVC, etc.), ethyl alcohol, styrene and many other useful materials.
Butane fraction at modern refineries is formed mainly at cracking and pyrolysis units. The n-butane to iso-butane percentage ratio in C4-fraction is increased by normalization (reverse isomerization) using special catalysts SI-3 and SI-5.
Unlike the n-butane production technology using chlorinated catalysts, Isomalk-3R technology of SIE Neftehim does not provide for supply of aggressive reagents, and the catalytic system is resistant to the action of poisons and impurities.
The basis of Isomalk-3R technology for isobutane to normal butane reverse isomerization is a complex catalytic system – SI-3 and SI-5 catalysts, which ensure maximum yield of the target product, i.e. high purity n-butane. The isomerization process is carried out under the most thermodynamically favorable conditions of 160-190°C, providing high conversion of isobutane to n-butane.
The CAPEX and OPEX of Isomalk-3R technology are significantly lower (>20%) than those of chlorinated catalyst technologies, which makes Isomalk-3R the most effective and fast-payback technology in the industry.
You can ask questions about Isomalk-3R technology for production of n-butane from isobutane for your plants using the feedback form.